Friday, August 1, 2008

Internet Cached

I learned something new today. I do a lot of research on google. I cannot count how many times that I finally found something in a search that looked like it would benefit me or my client; clicked on it only to find out that it is a broken link. This of course happens after spending hours researching on google.

Did you know that google takes a polaroid snapshot of a web page to cache it? So the next time you click on a broken link and you really want to see what use to be there use the back button, then click on "Cached" that is displayed on the last line of the link description.

I also discovered that are also text descriptions of a web page and if you click on the word "text" a text version of the page appears. There is also the "Similar Pages" link that is displayed to the right of "Cached" that could possibly be of help because it may allow you to see similar web sites if any. I also started to click on all the available options on the cached copy the links and discovered descriptive information of several internet tools that google has; look for "Learn More".

There is a very good book out there that you can purchase through amazon.com called "Take The Cold Out Of Cold Calling" that reveals "Web Search Secrets". The author of the book is Sam Richter. I totally recommend this book if you utilize the search engines regularly on the web.

When all is said and done this may not be a bright spot in your day, but it is in mind. I cannot believe that it has always been there in front of me. The things we tend to overlook in life sometimes can make all the difference in making our lives a little less complicated.

No comments: